Research and Innovation Home Page
COVID-19: Research Continuity Guidance
Learn how COVID-19 is impacting OVPRI and its affiliated units.
Virginia Tech is Ready
See how Virginia Tech's is preparing for the fall 2020 semester.
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) bolsters the research enterprise at Virginia Tech through services and support that help faculty, staff, and students plan, perform, and commercialize groundbreaking research.
Measures of Excellence
Ranked Top 50
Ranked Top 5%
in Nation for Research Expenditures
Support and Services for Research Administration
Find answers to popular topics and learn more regarding departments within OVPRI and the related support and services which are provided for research administration at Virginia Tech.
- Scholarly Integrity & Research Compliance
- Research Integrity and Consultation
- Research Conflict of Interest Program
- Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Animal Care & Use Committee
- Privacy & Research Data Protection Program
- University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Virginia Tech Innovation Campus
2020 Research Discussion Series
- Aug 11 Powered by artificial intelligence, CT scans could fill gaps in COVID-19 testing Algorithms that boost the resolution of lung scans can help doctors visualize telltale signs of COVID-19, potentially offering a faster, more accurate way to test for the disease.
- Aug 11 Animal Model Research for Veterinarians Ph.D. training program awarded NIH grant The Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine is among a relatively small group of veterinary colleges awarded a T32 grant to train post-D.V.M. veterinarians in biomedical research.
- Aug 11 William Hopkins named associate executive director of the Fralin Life Sciences Institute In his new role, Hopkins will assist Matt Hulver, executive director, and his leadership team as they develop and implement the vision and strategic directions for the Fralin Life Sciences Institute to tackle grand life science challenges at the interface of the environment and the human condition.