The University Veterinarian provides a vareiety of both basic and specialty training.
IACUC Training (mandatory)
You must successfully complete the following IACUC training before contacting the University Veterinarian for animal training.
- Core and Refresher IACUC training
- Virginia Tech-specific IACUC training
- Virginia Tech Occupational Health and Safety training
- Environmental Health and Safety Survey
Training provided by the University Veterinarian & Animal Resources
Click on a training topic below to learn more.
- Cervical dislocation under CO2 or anesthesia
Blood collection techniques
- Mandibular vein
- Lateral saphenous
- Cardiac puncture
- Tail vein
Other techniques may be added (please ask).
The University Veterinarian offers specialty training in
- Surgical and aseptic techniques
- Rodent breeding
Please contact trainers at least 10 days prior to the requested training date.
Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
TRACSS Licensed Vet Tech